Permit Holder and guests are subject to the regulations set forth in Chapter 919 of Columbus City Code. Permit holder and guests are also subject to Recreation and Parks Administrative Rules, in addition to the following conditions:
1) Your rental is for the time and specific location stated on your permit. Groups will not be permitted to enter the facility until the scheduled start time and must vacate the facility by the time the permit expires. If you need additional time for decorating, set up, or deliveries, you must schedule and pay for this time prior to your rental
2) Unless an Alcohol Service Agreement is obtained from the Rental Services office prior to your event, alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the facility. Those who fail to comply with all alcohol policies will be removed from the premises by Columbus Police without a refund.
3) Do not park any vehicles in the grass or along roadways. Cars parked along the park road will be towed at the owner’s expense. All vehicles must be in designated parking spaces.
4) The limit for the Scioto Room is 100. You may not exceed maximum occupancy. Failure to comply may result in forfeiture of your permit/rental.
5) In regards to decorations: no confetti, piñatas, glitter, or similar materials may be used for decorations or thrown in or around the facility. No staples, tacks, or other damaging materials can be used in the facility. No tape can be used on the floor or walls.
6) No fireworks, sparklers, Japanese lanterns, or similar items are permitted to be used inside OR outside of rental facilities.
7) Music must be kept at a reasonable volume at all times; if sounds can be heard outside of the building it is too loud. City code states that music should not disturb other guests in the park, facility, or adjacent areas.
8) Inflatable devices, trampolines, slides, dunking tanks, and/or other similar devices are not permitted under any circumstance.
9) No animals are permitted in the facility with the exception of service animals (i.e. guide dog).
10) The rental permit is granted on condition that if the facility is needed for Recreation and Parks Department emergency usage, Grantee agrees to forego use of facility with a full refund.
11) The Permit Holder agrees that they will not discriminate against any participants because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, or veteran status.
12) Permit Holder must be 21 years or older and will be held responsible for the groups’ conduct and usage of the facility. It is the permit holder’s responsibility to supervise all guests, including children and minors. Permit Holder cannot sublet the facility/rental under any circumstances. Any groups who abuse the facility or violate rules and regulations will be asked to leave and charges for damages will be assessed. Any abuse of CRPD staff is grounds for permit/rental forfeiture. If any group or individual is asked to leave the premises, they must do so promptly and forgo any refund.
13) The Permit Holder hereby agrees that the use of such Recreation and Parks Department facilities and equipment shall be upon conditions listed above and at the exclusive risk of applicant and his/her guests and agents. The Permit Holder further agrees to indemnify and save harmless the City of Columbus from any and all claims, suits, loss, damage or injury to persons or property of any kind or nature whatsoever occurring to the Permit Holder and his/her guests and agents as a result of the use of, or activities engaged in, the facilities, or use of equipment. Permit Holder hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Columbus if they violate the law.
14) Columbus Recreation and Parks reserves the right to restrict any activity that is determined by the department to be detrimental to the facility, park, or neighboring properties.
If you have any questions and/or concerns regarding any rule, regulation, and/or policy, you should contact the Rental Services Section (614-645-3337) prior to your scheduled event. The Rental Services Section is open from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, and is located at 1111 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43205.
**These Rental Rules and Policies are Subject to Change Without Notice**