Permit Holder and guests are subject to the regulations set forth in Chapter 919 of Columbus City Code. Permit holder and guests are also subject to Recreation and Parks Administrative Rules, in addition to the following conditions:
1) Your rental is for the time and specific location stated on your permit. Groups will not be permitted to enter the facility until the scheduled start time and must vacate the facility by the time the permit expires (this includes any time needed for decoration removal and trash pick-up). If you need additional time for decorating, set up, or deliveries, you must schedule and pay for this time when making your reservation.
2) Unless an Alcohol Service Agreement is obtained from the Rental Services section prior to your event, alcoholic beverages are not permitted in Recreation and Parks facilities. Those who fail to comply with all alcohol policies will be removed from the premises by the Columbus Police Department without a refund.
3) Do not park any vehicles on the grass or along roadways. All vehicles must be in designated parking spaces. If you or members of your group have special needs, you should inform our office prior to your event to ensure that the facility of your choice can effectively accommodate you.
4) In regards to decorations: no confetti, glitter, piñatas or similar materials may be used for decorations or thrown in, or around the facilities. Smoke machines, bubble machines, fog machines, and similar devices are not permitted inside the facility. No staples, tacks, or other damaging materials can be used in the facilities. No tape can be used on the floor or walls.
5) No fireworks, sparklers, Japanese lanterns, or similar items are permitted to be used inside OR outside of rental facilities.
6) Music must be kept at a reasonable volume at all times; if sounds can be heard outside of the building, it is too loud. City code states that music should not disturb other guests in the park, facility, or adjacent areas.
7) Inflatable devices including bounce houses and/or similar devices are not permitted unless you make arrangements with the Rental Services Section prior to your event. Dunk tanks are not permitted.
8) No animals are permitted in the enclosed shelterhouses with the exception of service animals (i.e. guide dog).
9) The rental permit is granted on the condition that if the facility is needed for Recreation and Parks Department emergency usage, Grantee agrees to forego use of facility with a full refund.
10) The Permit Holder agrees that they will not discriminate against any participants because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, or veteran status.
11) Permit Holder must be 21 years of age or older and is responsible for the group’s conduct and usage of the facility. It is the permit holder’s responsibility to supervise all guests, including children and minors. Permit Holder cannot sublet the facility/rental under any circumstances. Any group who abuses the facility or violates rules and regulations will be asked to leave and charges for damages will be assessed. Any abuse of CRPD staff is grounds for permit/rental forfeiture. If any group or individual is asked to leave the premises, they must do so promptly and forgo any refund.
12) The Permit Holder hereby agrees that the use of such Recreation and Parks Department facilities and equipment shall be upon conditions listed above and at the exclusive risk of applicant and his/her guests and agents. The Permit Holder further agrees to indemnify and save harmless the City of Columbus from any and all claims, suits, loss, damage or injury to persons or property of any kind or nature whatsoever occurring to the Permit Holder and his/her guests or agents as a result of the use of, or activities engaged in the facilities, or use of equipment. Permit Holder hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Columbus if they violate the law.
13) Columbus Recreation and Parks reserves the right to restrict any activity that is determined by the department to be detrimental to the facility, park, or neighboring properties.
If you have any questions and/or concerns regarding any rule, regulation, and/or policy, you should contact the Rental Services Section (614-645-3337) prior to your scheduled event. The Rental Services Section is open from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, and is located at 1111 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43205.
**These Rental Rules and Policies are Subject to Change Without Notice**